California’s Supreme Court has scheduled to hear arguments on September 6 about whether Prop 8 supporters can legally appeal Judge Vaughn Walker’s ruling that the law is unconstitutional.
In February the state’s highest court certified a question from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, where the case is currently on appeal, on whether under state law the backers of an initiative have “the authority to assert the State’s interest” when public officials refuse to do so.
“I am confident that the California Supreme Court will swiftly reach a decision on this question, and that this nation is now one step closer to seeing the dark walls of discrimination finally crumble,” said Chad Griffin, board president of the American Foundation for Equal Rights, the group that has organized and funded the legal challenge to Prop. 8.
Oh, here we go.
- plaguerattrash likes this
- desiraymortiz likes this
- nerapalooza reblogged this from gaywrites
- filopodia reblogged this from thequeercommunity
- yourefineitsinyourhead reblogged this from gaywrites
- the-rainbow-flame reblogged this from gaywrites
- thequeercommunity reblogged this from gaywrites
- takealltheseats reblogged this from gaywrites
- jessicalala reblogged this from gaywrites
- wordstomeawhisper reblogged this from gaywrites
- wordstomeawhisper likes this
- nesquikk likes this
- boimeetsboi reblogged this from gaywrites
- thatoneawkwardredhead likes this
- gaywrites posted this